The Large Group Underwriting Consultant is responsible for determining acceptability of insurance risks and appropriate premium rates for large and complex group cases. This position is a technical underwriting expert.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Calculates renewal rates for large complex cases based on thorough analysis of experience, location, demographics, etc.
- Determines and provides guidance to medical underwriters concerning the risk selection of applicants applying for individual health coverage
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure accuracy and consistency of overall account reporting
- Proposes rates for prospective business utilizing a combination of other carrier experience, demographic data and manual rates
- Performs post-sale reviews
- Prepares or supervises preparation of annual settlements, ERISA reports, rate projections, or benefit change increments and decrements
- Surveys existing product portfolios by market, monitors sales results, trends and needs, recommends product portfolio changes
- Assists in establishing rating and administrative procedures
- Participates in major multi-functional teams as underwriting representative
- Assists in the technical development of underwriting associates, which may include monitoring reports and work flow to provide recommendations on productivity and efficiency improvements
- Updates and monitors departmental processes and procedures in compliance with system, regulatory and business requirements
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field; 5 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- CPCU, CLU, LOMA, HIAA, PAHM or other insurance related courses preferred
- Group Underwriting experience required
- Healthcare experience needed
- Stop-loss experience preferred
Job ID: 204967
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.