McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
The University of Wisconsin - Madison has an exciting opportunity for a Future Leader to learn and contribute to a highly successful and nationally respected Athletic Department. The Future Leader will work in the external-facing units where they will gain a deep understanding of Wisconsin Athletics while learning and applying highly transferable skills and abilities.
Duration: August 2022 - August 2023
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Day-to-day marketing contact for men’s soccer and women’s soccer
- Key member of both Men's and Women's soccer brand management team
- Meet with program staff on a consistent basis
- Develop promotion and engagement plans that align with resources to maximize attendance
- Develop, Manage and execute and sponsorship activations
- Oversee game presentation at home events
- Serve as a point of contrate for AreaRED soccer student support group
- Support Badgerville (Pre-Game Football fan engagement/sponsor activation event)
- Assist with pre-season planning including developing entertainment and engagement activities, securing vendors and planning with internal staff
- Provide sponsorship coordination and support
- Assist in coordinating set-up and take down
- Play a primary role in gameday event execution
- Assist in the development and execution of any summer outreach and activation plans
- Serve in a primary role in the planning and execution of the W Project (Fall student welcome back event)
- Direct and supervise student staff at events
- Identify, promote, build and maintain community partnerships to support Wisconsin Athletics community outreach through student-athlete engagement.
- Coordinate and execute Make-A-Wish fulfillment experiences and student-athlete-led initiatives
- Based on community needs that align with the mission and goals of Badgers Give Back, develop, coordinate and execute student-athlete and community partner-led initiatives
- Manage donation request fulfillment- oversee and execute itemized donations and gift-in-kind program
- Develop and evaluate curriculum and programs in support of student-athlete community engagement and provide recommendations for improvement
- Positively represent Wisconsin Athletics across a multitude of functions and events
- Assist with game day outreach initiatives and corporate partner engagement
Must adhere to all University of Wisconsin, Big Ten & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Effective and flexible communication skills
- Understanding of the marketing, media, technology and sports industries
MLI Job ID: 114
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.