McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
This position will have a primary focus in the area of Athletics Communication. However, the Future Leader will also provide assistance to the Vice President & Director of Athletics, as well as the executive team members as needed. Additionally, this position will have regular, on-going interaction and communication with the Marketing & Fan Engagement team, the Ticket Sales & Service team, as well as members of the various coaching staffs.
Duration: August 2022 - July 2023
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Assist in the Athletics Department’s social media efforts. Includes content development, graphics and posting.
- Assist with development of content for the Athletics Department’s website, gomarquette.com.
- Assist with posting and maintaining content on the Athletics Department’s website, gomarquette.com.
- Assist with communications tasks related to the men’s basketball program.
- Assist with media-related activity for Marquette’s 16 varsity sports as needed.
- Assist with coordination of live broadcasts on gomarquette.com.
- Assist with the development and submission of nominations for institutional, conference and national awards.
- Assist with the preparation and dissemination of news releases and statistical information.
- Assist with generation and posting of social media game day content/highlights.
- Assist with M Club and other departmental events.
- Serve as a member of the department’s DEI committee. Assist chair with special projects as needed.
- Assist Vice President & Director of Athletics, and executive team members, with special projects as requested.
Must adhere to all Marquette University, Big East & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelors degree
- Effective and flexible communication skills
Stipend: $30,000 per year
MLI Job ID: 55
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.