McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
The Student-Athlete Experience Coordinator will be responsible for creating and executing comprehensive programming designed to enhance the student-athlete experience, from First Year through Graduation. The position will also lend support to members of the Athletics Department in day-to-day operations.
Duration: August 2022 - May 2023
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Enhance and provide support for the H.A.L.L Program (Helping Athletes Learn to be Leaders) while impacting the quality of the student-athlete experience as a whole.
- Create additional programming designed to support student-athletes in the areas of leadership training, community service, and character development.
- Serve as an events/program coordinator for existing department leadership and life skills initiatives such as SAAC events, SHE Can strategy, DEI programming, Student-Athlete Leadership Academy, and community service outreach.
- Collaborate with student-athletes and staff to enhance the community engagement efforts by cultivating campus and community partnerships.
- Serve as a member of the athletic department’s DEI committee and provide valuable programming feedback.
- Partner with staff members to promote an inclusive environment through the organization of DEI programming for student-athletes and staff.
- Create and execute programming to enhance the Student-Athlete Re-Fueling station by working closely with the Sports Medicine staff/Team Nutritionist/department personnel and student-athletes to increase branding and awareness of this student-athlete gathering space.
- Lend support to Assistant AD/Marketing to create and manage an enhanced gameday experience program for students and spectators.
Must adhere to all Seton Hall University, Big East, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelors degree
- Effective and flexible communication skills
MLI Job ID: 78
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.