McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
Duration: August 2022 - July 2023
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
Life Skills Responsibilities
- Assist with coordination of major life skills 4-year tiered events
- Assist with record-keeping of all outreach activities to aid in determining citizenship recognition
- Write life skills and human-interest stories on huskers.com as assigned
- Assist with recruitment of prospective student-athletes during on-campus visits
- Coordination of select life skills community service initiatives
- Attend weekly Life Skills staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Life Skills staff members
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Coordinator of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion on all DEI efforts within athletics and across campus
- Assist with planning and execution of annual staff and student-athlete Diversity & Inclusion Summit events
- Assist with the facilitation of Teammates Plus mentoring groups providing student-athletes with personal/professional mentors to aid in retention, personal and career development Collaborate with Creative & Emerging media for Diversity & Inclusion awareness campaign on a monthly basis
- Attend monthly Nebraska Athletics Inclusion Council and Husker JEDI Team meetings
- Maintain Diversity and Inclusion webpages on Huskers.com
Must adhere to all University of Nebraska, Big10 & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Effective and flexible communication skills
MLI Job ID: 93
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.