McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
Duration: August 2022 - May 2023
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Assist with daily facility operations needs of each area scheduling, set-up, court changes, etc…
- First responder to facility incidents that occur to provide care and document.
- Assist with maintaining and monitoring all cardio, strength, and fitness equipment.
- Assist with daily guest fees and reconciliation.
- Serve as liaison to building engineers, custodial staff, public safety, and other campus departments.
- Reporting and monitoring all custodial, mechanical, and electrical concerns of the facility
- Create and monitor work orders for tracking progress and completion.
- Be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations; including necessary training and drills.
- Makes recommendations for development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures. Creates and maintains departmental procedure manual, updating as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the facility and or the Associate Athletic Director – Business Operations.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing of facility operation staffing, including but not limited to recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, etc.,
- Providing excellent customer service to maintain the integrity of the department’s facilities
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, UAA Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics code of ethics and rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Must adhere to all New York University, UAA & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Effective and flexible communication skills
MLI Job ID: 96
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.