McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
Under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director - Intramurals, Club Sports, and Recreation, this position will generate, coordinate, and supervise all eGaming programming and special events, along with its constituencies, within Campus Recreation. This role is part of a team that provides all campus recreation programming for the NYU community.
Duration: August 2022 - May 2023
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Serve as a committed and engaged member and representative of the Campus Recreation Unit
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings, and be on-site for supervision for all direct programming
- Generate, schedule, market, promote, and supervise all events within the eGaming community, climbing community, workshops, and various special events as created; extended to the support, development, and mentorship of student participants of each community and event.
- Effectively meet demands of the student population for various special events that also contribute to the missions and overall student learning outcomes of Campus Recreation.
- Assess and breakdown overall performance of eGaming and special events through data analyzation, satisfaction surveys and feedbacks, and informal reputation for future programming
- Recruit, onboard, train, schedule, and evaluate a team of 5-7 student-employees who are responsible for working, operating, and providing service for all eGaming and special events
- Act as on-site risk management; inspect areas for safety, act as resource for participants, report damaged or improperly working equipment; or report any incidents or accidents with participants.
- Create, manage, supply, and purchase equipment and other necessities for events, instructionals, one-day events, or promotional giveaways.
- Provide and uphold a high level of customer service and dedication to student-experience in the office, on-site for events, and on campus, at all times.
- Work with Campus Recreation media team to generate content for social media, various content creation, and traditional marketing strategies to promote the initiatives and programs of Campus Recreation
- Monitor an informal budget for eGaming and all special events.
- Other Duties as assigned
Must adhere to all New York University, UAA & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Effective and flexible communication skills
MLI Job ID: 97
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.