McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
Duration: Novemeber 2021 - August 2022
The Coordinator for Events and Operations is responsible for facility, event management, and operations for Athletics facilities, events and/or special events as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Responsible for the overall event management of assigned sports that includes overseeing security; City of Miami/Coral Gables police and fire rescue, event staff, and ushers, and the hiring and training of scorer’s table crew. Coordinating and producing timing sheets in conjunction with marketing within NCAA, ACC, and television guidelines. Coordinate and oversee game day set up of facility, maintenance and repairs as related to games, concessions, novelty sales, and officials. Coordinating parking and credential needs for assigned sports and events.
- Plan and administer major events for assigned sports and other various teams if assigned and conference and NCAA championships and tournaments. Coordination of visiting teams, practices and officials within NCAA and ACC guidelines. Oversee set up of facility and equipment needs. Arrange for team hospitality, housing, and awards ceremony if needed. Hire and supervise staffing needed for each event.
- Assist with managing DVSport Replay Technician, DVSport on field technician, chain crew and scoreboard operators. Assist with the organization and production of special events, presentations and timelines, including team movements surrounding games.
- Assist with the management of the Facilities Management eXpress software (FMX) which includes, creating and adjudicating work orders, inventory control, scheduling and preventative maintenance.
- Coordinate external events setup, breakdown, and post event facility access or closure.
- Coordinate, request, and direct third-party custodial (ABM) for all assigned events.
- Assist with the event management with all other sports as needed.
- Responsible for ordering of all equipment and supplies needed for event management.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all NCAA, ACC Conference and departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must ahere to all University of Miami, ACC & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines with limited resources and multiple competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate well with others
Stipend: Up to $2,500 per month
MLI Job ID: 39
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.