McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
Duration: August 2021 - June 2022
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Produce all aspects of the creative process, from conceptualization through art direction, overseeing photo shoots, design, layout, typography, illustration and mock-ups to the creation of final composite artwork for Kentucky Men’s Basketball;
- Work in collaboration with Brand & Content division (e.g. media relations, sports video, creative services) to develop recruiting and team promotional materials;
- Help develop social media branding and aesthetics plan for each season;
- Participate in regular coordination/brainstorming meetings for Kentucky MBB content;
- Identify emerging trends in social and recruiting to keep Kentucky MBB on the forefront of graphic design;
- Track latest innovations in computer equipment and software;
- Produce recruiting & team graphics as requested;
- Active member of the UK Men’s Basketball Communicator Meetings;
- Active member of UK Creative Services division;
- Attend men’s basketball meetings to discuss recruiting and promotional initiatives;
Must adhere to all University of Kentucky, SEC & NCAA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Advanced understanding of professional creative design principles;
- Proven proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Additional experience using After Effects and/or Procreate drawing app is preferred;
- Must provide creative portfolio
Stipend: $2,000 per month
MLI Job ID: 61
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.