McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI): The purpose of the McLendon Minority Leadership Initiative (MLI) is to provide minorities- known as MLI Future Leaders - a jump-start to their careers through practical experiences, opportunities to build their network, and instilling the values of John McLendon: Integrity, Education, Leadership, and Mentorship. Coaches participating in the initiative are Ambassadors of the program and will serve as mentors to the Future Leaders on their campuses. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree to apply.
Duration: September 2021 - June 2022
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Will work directly with the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Peak Performance, Senior Associate for Athletic Director External Relations, and Director of Varsity Athletics Communication, to assist in creative content production
- To support effective brand management for varsity teams, the department, and the peak performance program in the digital world
- Produce a wide range of professional-quality graphic artwork for print, web, and social media in timely manner
Learning & Mentorship Objectives:
- Exposure, mentorship, and a deep understanding of the following areas of the Department of Athletics: Varsity Sports Administration, Dartmouth Peak Performance, Diversity and Inclusion, Business Operations, Communications/Video & Content Creation, Compliance, Corporate Partnerships, Equipment, External Relations, Facilities, Fundraising and Marketing, Physical Education & Recreation, and Ticketing.
- Will leave with a portfolio of impactful creative content to be leveraged in the job market, a broad understanding of job opportunities in athletics, and a network of college athletics professionals
- Will report to the Senior Associate Athletics Director for Dartmouth Peak Performance and will also choose a mentor from elsewhere within the department.
Must adhere to all Dartmouth College, Ivy League and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong communication skills (both written & oral)
- Content creation & idea generation
- Proficiency with learning and using technology to share ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Graphic design familiarity (InDesign, Photoshop, Gimp, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of web design & video development
- A broad knowledge of various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Tik-Tok, etc.)
- Ability to use graphic templates for social media
Stipend: $2,500 per month
MLI Job ID: 62
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.