Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry of department information in a variety of mediums including ERP system, excel spreadsheets, or production travelers
- Assists in counting and recording materials for inventory purposes
- Process remelt per operating procedures
- Ensure the cleanliness and general order inside the department
- Maintain and champion 5S efforts
- Perform general and routine housekeeping tasks
- Follow all company safety policies and report any unsafe conditions to Manufacturing Manager, EHS Manager, and/ or Director of Manufacturing
- Perform tasks/duties related to special projects or assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum supervision
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a general education degree (GED)
- 2 years’ work experience in manufacturing environment
- Must be familiar with basic Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Must be able to attain sufficient task success to establish credibility with management, staff and employees
- Have or the ability to obtain forklift certification
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Job ID: 261112
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.