Provide a fulltime resource in the engineering office to:
- Provide Automation/Electrical Engineering design for assigned projects.
- Provide Machine Automation Design and adaptation engineering for assigned projects while applying design standards.
- Provide Management of Electrical contractor or maintenance installation teams during equipment modifications & machine installations through Start-up and Commissioning.
- Create Budgetary Estimates and Bid Packages on assigned projects.
- Create project documentation: schematics, technical offer, safety risk assessment, maintenance & operator training documents and user manuals.
- Interface with Plant production & maintenance customers, other engineers, and suppliers.
- Facilitate the order of equipment and materials for assigned projects.
- Managing and executing project automation design (including specification of system components), implementation, start-up, commissioning and support tasks on an as needed basis
- Design control system architecture layout, including main control elements, peripheral elements, and communications networks
- Design control panel layouts, I/O assignments, and bill of materials
- Develop PLC software to meet the functional specification
- Provide panel inspection and audit on equipment that comes into the plant
Specific technologies required:
- Bachelor’s in Electromechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Preferred 4-6 years of Engineering Experience
- Willing to travel 20% domestic and some international (primarily North America)
- Experienced with electrical design standards and able to complete controls systems designs using standard CAD design tools
- Experienced with PLC programming standards & programming software, including GRAFCET, Ladder Logic, and Structured Text. Specific experience with Rockwell and Siemens is a plus.
- Experienced with Variable Frequency drives and Motion Control technologies. Specific experience with Rockwell, Siemens and Control Techniques is a plus.
- Experienced with HMI configuration, programming and communication. Specific experience with Rockwell is a plus.
- Experienced with controls systems network interfaces and various protocols for communications between devices including computer system databases.
- Vision System configuration and interface for width measurement applications and defect detection applications is preferred, but not required. Specific experience with Cognex, Keyence, Adept, Bytewise, Gocator is a plus.
- Robotic experience, configuration or knowledge is preferred, but not required. Specific experience with Fanuc, ABB is a plus.
- Normal work hours 40 hrs/ week Monday – Friday, however occasional shifts in schedules can be made to provide coverage for project installations and start-ups requiring weekend or holiday coverage.
Job ID: 310519
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.