This role will support engineering design and development activities.
Essential Duties (This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned):
- Lead and support the engineering activities for large scale product development programs by investigating feasibility, performing design using 3-D modeling software, conduct layout review and 2D drawing creation.
- Analyze and resolve problems with moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Create part specification requirements and BOM.
- Negotiate with surrounding component business units and suppliers.
- Search new ways to increase overall efficiency, utilize up-to-date technology, and reduce design and parts costs.
- Travel to client sites required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 2-7 years relevant industry experience or Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years relevant industry experience or Associate’s degree and 5+ years relevant industry experience.
- Education with the following specialties preferred: Mechanical, Mechanical Technology, Aerospace, Automotive, Manufacturing.
- Experience using 3-D modeling software tools (CATIA V5 preferred).
- Good understanding of DFM (Design for Manufacturing) required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience working on development of automotive chassis systems.
- Experience designing/developing chassis components or sub-systems from concept to release
- Ability to develop part specifications by coordinating with suppliers and cross-functional teams
- Knowledge or experience on development of different automotive systems (BIW, Interior etc.) is a plus
- Five to seven years of increasingly responsible experience in servicing electronic controls and HVAC equipment. Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications as related to the HVAC Industry.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean record.
Job ID: 267118
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.