ProLink Staffing homepage: general job search, employer staffing solutions, working at ProLink and more
Nursing, Allied Health, Therapy, Home Health Care, Clinical Research, Long-Term Care and more
Sets up and operates machines to perform various machine functions such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings and machining methods and sequences.
• Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling attachments and work piece on machine
• Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindles
• Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting depth, speed, feed and coolant flow
• Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions
• Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications
• Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining
• Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions
• Discusses errors with supervisor or cell leader to resolve problems
• Cleans machine, tooling and parts
• Performs machine maintenance
• Inspects product to determine compliance with order specifications, both dimensional and visual; GCEs quality control system for compliance with requirements for conformity to specified standards.
• Good verbal communication skills
• Learning orientation
• Problem solving/analysis
• Technical capacity
• Teamwork orientation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and climbing all day. The employee must be able to move over 50 pounds when needed. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which include: near sight, far sight, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 4PM to 4AM with overtime on Fridays.
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED and 5+ years of experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
10+ years of experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Journey level machinist certification, NMS certification, Top Gun certification