- Work on CNC Mills & Lathes (2-5 Axis pending on department), 4-7 Setups per day
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and determines sequence of operations
- Selects, positions and secures tool in tool holder (chuck, collet, or tool post).
- Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other and to set specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut.
- Edits and updates CNC programs. Works with the programmers and the ME/IE group for continuous improvement. (Software knowledge isnt’ necessary, mainly use Fanuc Controls though)
- Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine and turns handwheel to feed tool to work piece or vice versa and engages feed. Must know G00 and G01 Code
- Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool and work piece.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Operates bench tools to de-burr parts.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
Job ID: 198601
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.