Responsibilities of the Construction Inspector include:
- Perform construction inspection and testing services related to earthwork, utilities, materials and general construction for DOT, municipalities, and private sector clients.
- Perform computations with formulas, plots data and draws simple curves and graphs.
- Responsible for inspecting and reporting on specific aspects of construction works in progress for transportation, utility, water/wastewater and vertical construction projects.
- Responsible for inspection and sampling of construction materials i.e concrete.
- Assure that job site tests/ inspections, including quality control, quality assurance, and verifications are performed in accordance with the standard test/ inspection methods, project specifications, and another contract document.
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Perform all phases of field assignment. Interpret specifications, working drawings and convey intent to the contractor.
- Responsible for all aspects of field inspection, testing, testing coordination, and sampling equipment, and equipment maintenance on assigned projects.
- Obtain and record field data, in a legible and organized fashion; as required by the plans, specifications, or project staff.
- Generate and compile electronic field reports.
- Work with project staff on design changes.
- Communicate with all entities keeping everyone fully informed.
- Record daily installed construction quantities to review payment requests in terms of progress and amount completed to date.
Required Experience and Skills:
- ODOT Prequalification Requirements for Project Inspector:
- Eighteen (18) months of construction project technical experience.
- Highway testing certifications including but not limited to:
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I and ACI Aggregate Testing Technician – Level I; or Ohio Aggregate Level I
- Demonstrate the successful completion of the following tests:
- ODOT Flexible Pavement Test (Renew every five (5) years)
- ODOT Traffic Work Zone Test (Renew every five (5) years)
- Meet one (1) of the following requirements:
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technology or Construction Management or degrees that exceed these requirements.
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level II in Highway Construction Inspection Certification.
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- OAIMA Level 1
- NICET 2 CMT
- vertical construction exp
- 5 years’ experience working on ODOT and/or Ohio Turnpike or municipal projects is considered a plus
Job ID: 198895
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.