This Design Engineer
is responsible for all aspects of the business including ensuring that all aspects of engineering new or existing products are completed in a timely and accurate manner, responsible for working with plant leadership to ensure we are maximizing efficiencies including cutting edge technology improvements in tooling and machines. Job requires knowledge and experience of machining capabilities, material properties, along with aerospace testing and finishing processes.
As well, the Design Engineer will be responsible to work with the team to develop and continually review key operating statistics. The job responsibilities may be changed or expanded at will and is expected to expand in conjunction with experience and the firm’s needs.
Principal Area of Responsibility
- Develop required processes to introduce products to manufacturing, ensuring manufacturability and repeatability
- Improve Processes for existing products
- Productivity / Efficient production / Lean Manufacturing
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Process Management
- Responsible for process engineering including but not limited to creating processes, routers, working with quality to define inspection methods and criteria, working with the operations team to define lean manufacturing processes that allow for repeatability and quality expectations of the customer and the business. Will also be responsible for leading the lean efforts within the facilities and ensuring we are continually progressing on the journey to drive cost out of our products and to improve the operational and plant excellence that we demand.
Total Quality Management / TQM / AS9100 QA
- Ensure adherence to applicable quality and manufacturing standards. Strive for "Right the first time" throughout all levels of the company.
Cost Savings Projects
- Lead process improvements that deliver manufacturing cost savings and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy and performance standards.
Productivity / Efficient production
- Lead efforts for efficient production by use of technology, ensuring changeover efficiencies and minimal out of stocks.
- Ensure communication with our customers regarding planning and quality related initiatives and issues. Encourage and employ best practice sharing with peers. Provide feedback to our vendors/suppliers to ensure quality and timeliness of materials and services provided.
Job ID: 212077
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.