Summary: Manage engineering processes required to design, build, ship, and service Lincoln Electric Automation equipment.
- Must be familiar with Company quality objectives and play an active role in reaching continuous improvement objectives.
- Focus on design and development.
- Assist in establishing Project timelines and determining manpower needs.
- Coordinate and Lead/Participate in Engineering Design (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic).
- Lead teams in the Creation and troubleshooting of Control PLC, Safety PLC, HMI, and Servo Motion programs.
- Lead teams in the Creation and troubleshooting robot programs.
- Assist in complex system start-up, de-bug and final equipment maturation.
- Lead Project Team in the effort of adhering to both a challenging project timeline as well as a tight financial budget (hours and material).
- Assist purchasing in establishing costs and suppliers for purchased items.
- Assist onsite installation and startup activities including commissioning of equipment and resolution of final customer payment as required.
- Coordinate compiling of operator and maintenance manuals.
- Assist in developing/maintaining engineering and product standards.
- Responsible for Project ISO Documentation.
- Assist in team performance evaluations and lead mentoring process of new/inexperienced engineers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Technical Degree in electrical engineering field desired.
- Electrical Schematic Creation and Design – AutoCAD Electrical experience preferred.
- Typically 10 years of proven design experience with Industrial Automation.
- PLC / HMI / Robot Programming / Network & Fieldbus / Safety Systems.
- Team Leadership and Project management experience. Must work well with Machine builders, management, and support functions.
- Commitment to company values.
- Educational, training, and experience requirements may be modified at the Managements Team’s discretion.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Computer proficiency, including spreadsheet, word processing and project management software.
- FMEA, Equipment Capability, Safety (OSHA STDS).
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S)
- Understand the Company’s EHS Policy and how it relates to this job.
- Be aware of OSHA & EPA laws and regulations as well as the Company’s Plant Rules and Regulations that pertain to this job.
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and observe all company EHS procedures.
- Know that the company EHS procedures are located on the ISO drive.
- Immediately notify the Supervisor if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly, or if there are any questions regarding EHS procedures.
- Attend required EHS training
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Repetition with activity; computer work. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job ID: 259092
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.