Summary: Responsible for providing Customer Service & Technical support including troubleshooting, repair, installation, maintenance, and training on various types of industrial automation equipment. Service & support activities will be performed both on-site at a customer’s facility or in-house at a company owned location.
- Provide technical support, solve problems, maintain systems, and deliver a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer service experience.
- Provide support and work independently programming, debugging, integrating, testing, and installations.
- Industrial troubleshooting in electrical, wiring, PLC, HMI, Robot logic / path programming, networks, and Fieldbus.
- Take initiative to meet challenging project timelines and budgets.
- Ability to travel as required (install, start-up, or field support) to successfully complete projects.
- Communicate effectively with others while on assignment to provide detailed reports and updates.
- Assist in-house Customer Service support (Phone, email, social media, training, etc.)
- Ensure all documentation is thoroughly completed in a timely manner per ISO requirements
- Work well with Customers, Project Engineers, Assembly Technicians, Electrical Technicians, Management, Electrical Designers, and support functions.
- Actively investigate and provide opportunities for preventative maintenance, training, and service support with customers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Technical Degree in electrical engineering field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 5-10 years electrical programming and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical prints
- Machine Programming (PLC/HMI) experience - Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron, or Bosch preferred.
- Safety System, Network, and Fieldbus Programming and Trouble Shooting experience preferred.
- Robot Programming experience - Motoman, Fanuc, OTC, Nachi, or ABB preferred.
- Experience in robotic welding (MIG, TIG, Laser, or Spot) preferred.
- Hydraulic/Pneumatic/Lubrication system troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Experience with in-field installation and start-up of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to travel. Domestic and occasional International.
- Ability to work flexible hours and be “on-call” as required to support customer needs
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Customer Focused - capable of interfacing in a positive manner with all levels of an organization. (Internal & External)
- PC literate and competent in MS Office applications
- Work in safe manner at all times
- Must be familiar with Company quality objectives and play an active role in reaching continuous improvement objectives.
- Commitment to company values.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Safety (OSHA STDS), ANSI (RIA) Standards.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Repetition with activity; computer work. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job ID: 259082
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.