Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Includes experimental welders who analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable.
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes blueprints or drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
Job ID: 264017
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.