The primary responsibilities of the Machine Operator
is to operate the production lines in a manner designed to produce maximum quality production and minimal scrap and assist the Shift Lead Operator in supervision of lines. They must be able to successfully operate all production lines in the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIMARY DUTIES
- Must be able to start up, respond and troubleshoot common problems with the re-closable lines, automated lines, or in other departments as needed
- Adjust equipment as required to make products that meet quality specifications and produce the maximum daily output.
- Maintain standard line speed and maintain the process to minimize downtime and scrap and maximize yield.
- Ensure the accuracy of production documents: scrap, pallet tickets, etc.
- Review regularly with Team Lead or Shift Lead your associates’ performance and training needs.
- Ensure all direct reports clearly understand their responsibilities and perform accordingly. Ensure all direct reports understand their job in relative to department and Company objectives.
- Must be aware of the environmental issues involved with job such as waste streams and proper disposal of materials used and TSCA (Toxic Substance Control Act) applicability
- Will understand, promote, assist and adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety Principles and be accountable to conforming to them at all times. Be accountable for assuring compliance with EHS Policies and support the facility safety, environmental and health programs
- Observe all safety policies and procedures
- Complete safety observations monthly
- Ensure that good Housekeeping/5s is performed to keep your department in a neat and orderly condition at all times
- Ensure that Good Manufacturing Practices are being followed by you on a daily basis
- Train as requested other employees in the Cycle, Periodic, and Responder roles
- Participate in and support the continuous improvement process
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Lead or Shift Lead
Job ID: 198788
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.