The Screw Machine Operator and Set-Up Machinist is responsible for programming and setting up CNC equipment for manufacturing of parts at production rates and quality standards.
- Set up and prove out process on various Acme or Davenport screw machines involving intricate tooling in a wide range of close tolerance applications.
- Develop machining approaches and G Code programs for new complex jobs. Must validate process from development through first piece and production run rate for repeatability.
- Regrind cutting tools when needed and operate manual equipment for development of work holding solutions.
- Train and instruct others in the proper operation of equipment and manufacturing part processes to meet estimated run rate of quality parts.
- Diagnose and correct processing, tooling or machining problems for a variety of jobs.
- Make and/or recommend programming and job improvements, create and or update work instructions and routers for continuous improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Validate production rate as documented in the process instructions.
- Support cost estimating functions including vendor communications and development of processing times and approaches for Sales.
- Perform other duties as requested including support and/or actual machine operations to support production demands where necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years CNC machining and set-up experience (strength in turning is preferred)
Job ID: 210213
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.