Position Summary: This position is responsible for the setup, adjustment, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment used in the production facility.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes machines and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Adjusts functional parts of machine devices and control instruments, which includes change-over to new sizes and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality in supporting all manufacturing needs.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks. Records all data as assigned.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery as needed.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system, returning all unused parts to the parts room, disposing of defective parts, and returning shop tools to the tool room in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repairs and maintenance.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with GMP’s, company policies and procedures.
- Reviews downtime reports from production lines and develops corrective plans with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Basic skills test required. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, programmable controllers, basic electric skills, as well as the desire to continue to improve ability and knowledge of existing and new equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience in a packaging operation that includes glass and plastic containers preferred.
- Must have the ability to use hand tools and trade-type tools; good motor coordination necessary.
- Proven record of ability to handle equipment safely, sensibly and maturely.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to make sensitive adjustments in equipment.
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to work with others and without direct supervision.
- Validation on position or machine will be required after initial training and every 6 months.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and be willing to obtain a forklift certification.
- Must be dependable, reliable and mature enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction, as well as basic math calculations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work on all lines and perform all positions, including changeovers.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays/Sundays, as determined by business needs.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution preferred.
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Job ID: 236450
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.