The mechanic technician position is responsible for effectively troubleshooting and resolving mechanical issues relating to manufacturing machines and systems, to ensure efficient operation.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures related to safety. Maintains only the highest safety standards by wearing proper PPE, etc.
- Performs tasks within acceptable limits for quality, quantity, sanitation, and timeliness of completion, paying particular attention to prevent and eliminate costly errors.
- Meets Company’s attendance requirements, including timely reporting of absence and working overtime as requested.
- Complies with sanitation guidelines and good manufacturing practices related to neatness, product cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, in accordance to 5s standards, by cleaning spills and disposing of trash on a timely basis
- Participates in on-the-job training and instruction to learn other job tasks
- Complies with Company policies and perform other duties as assigned
- Troubleshoot and repair power transmission components such as shafts, bearings, drive belts, drive chains and gear boxes.
- Troubleshoot and repair pumps, valves, and piping systems.
- Troubleshoots and repair hydraulic systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic systems.
- Ability to operate a drill press, lathe, mill and shop equipment.
- Performs basic layout and fabrication.
- Ability to use various welders.
- Understanding of mechanical blueprint and schematics.
- At least (4) years industrial maintenance experience with Maintenance Technology Degree.
- Experience with pneumatic & hydraulic controls, welding, metal fabrication and machine shop equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform troubleshooting and repair tasks on power transmission components, (shafts, bearings, drive belts, drive chains and gearboxes), pumps and valves, piping systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
Job ID: 237840
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.