Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and data entry of maintenance work orders and purchase orders into the CMMS module of SAP
- Plan and schedule maintenance work on daily, weekly, monthly and shutdown basis, as well as track performance and maintain accurate records.
- Ensures the timely and coordinated availability of facilities and equipment to be worked on, parts, materials, special tools and equipment, personnel, and skills for orderly and efficient work execution. Cover all work with Supervisor.
- Once a job is planned, and prior to scheduling, the planner verifies the availability of parts, materials, and special tools required for its execution. When parts and materials are not available, he/she arranges for their procurement.
- Chairs the weekly scheduling meetings with Production supervision and schedules the work. Finalizes schedules for which he is responsible ensuring that work is available for the Maintenance workforce. Make up preliminary schedule.
- Develop and maintain PM plans for all critical equipment and processes within the plant.
- Interfaces with outside contractors and vendors and verifies completeness and quality of work.
- Support / direct MRO stores and stores associates.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor when he/she is absent.
- Responsible for creating new asset profiles and maintaining profiles.
- Verify and code invoices for payment and approval.
- Maintain preventative maintenance system
- Ensure proper recordkeeping for maintenance inventory
- Sustain cost effective, positive vendor relations
- Receive, sort, and visually inspect the condition, quantity and validity of incoming materials.
- Facilitate storage and delivery of incoming materials to requested or designated location.
- Respond to customers’ requests either by computer generated, various requisitions, telephone conversation or by verbal communication.
- Assist with inventory stock and/or resolving inventory discrepancies
- Supervise inspection, lubrication, maintenance and repair of machinery and infrastructure.
- Maintains systems for monitoring and tracking service requests and preventative maintenance work performed, supplies, parts and inventories.
- Assists with maintenance operating budgets
- Maintain housekeeping throughout the plant to assure neat, orderly, clean work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, two years’ experience in a manufacturing setting desired or 10 years in an equivalent role. Mill experience preferred.
- 3 plus years of general clerical experience, manufacturing or maintenance environment preferred.
- Effectively utilize computer-based applications for preventative maintenance, requisitions and budget control. (SAP experience a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and participate in team-based activities.
- Prior supervisory experience is necessary.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and company issued forklift permit
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
Job ID: 236953
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.