The Maintenance Technician
is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing a broad range of mechanical systems and equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic, and power transmission systems in a safe manner applicable to company policies, OSHA/EPA compliance, and ISO procedures.
They will provide assistance in operating functions as necessary to maintain continuous operations as well as repair or diagnose faulty equipment or machinery. They will replace or repair faulty components of machines such as relays, printed circuit boards, switches and motors, and adjust mechanical parts as necessary. The Maintenance Technician will complete specific PM duties as assigned and welding and fabrication duties as needed. They will be responsible for informing facility leaders and other technicians of pertinent information and relay to other departments if necessary.
The Maintenance Technician should have the ability to repair, assemble, disassemble and install machinery, equipment, mechanical drives (both hydraulic and pneumatic), gearboxes, belts, chains, pulleys, components, and any mechanical devices. They should be able to troubleshoot, repair and replace gearboxes and centrifugal pumps, as well as rebuild and install pump seals. The Maintenance Technician must be able to troubleshoot, repair, and install basic electrical components, such as fuses, relays, overloads, and motors.
Qualifications of the Maintenance Technician:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance (or 2+ mechanical maintenance experience) preferred
- Experience working with 480 volts
- Knowledge of VFDs and DCS programming
- Experience working on steam generator a plus
- Must be proficient in the safe use of hand tools, power tools, meters, calibrators, programmers and other tools
- Lift and manipulate unwieldy parts weighing approximately 75-100 lbs
- Required to work in an uncontrolled climate environment
Job ID: 205178
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.