This technician position will support non-conformance reviews, Material Review Board (MRB) rework disposition, and rework job initiation. Key function will be root cause investigations and completing actions to improve yield in assigned processes. Position will also collect and report non-conformance trends for critical manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret prints, specifications, Run Charts / Statistical Process Control charts
- Understand processing requirements from start to finish of products
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality to disposition parts, define rework, and coordinate corrective actions
- Assist Operators and Inspectors with interpreting specifications, inspection plans, set up sheets and work instructions
- Leads groups to brainstorm and solve issues in safety, scrap, throughput and product cost.
- Create templates in Plex with internal and external rework methods
- Plex Power user to trouble shoot part flow issues
- Ability to run and troubleshoot at least 2 equipment types (EDM, CNC, Grinding, Lapping, Cleaning, etc.)
- Use InfinityQS Proficient, JMP, and Excel to record, analyze, and display data
- Use PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications to prepare reports
- Present Non-Conformance and Corrective Action updates to various levels of the business
- Follow all company safety policies and report any unsafe conditions to management
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S
- Perform tasks/duties related to special projects or assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- AS in an engineering or quality field of study or high school diploma with 3-5 years relevant experience
- Ability to read blueprints and understand GD&T.
- Is self-motivated and knows how to create a structured work-day for themselves.
- Must be able to operate independently, but demonstrate confidence to ask questions and notify management of any issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment.
- Confident to coordinate efforts with both the operators, engineers, facilities, supply chain and management.
- Demonstrate solid root cause and corrective action (RCCA) capability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Job ID: 238872
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.