This position requires the use of effective technical mathematics and measurement tools in the performance of tasks. This position is a significant component of the company Quality System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects the Mission and Core Values of our client’s company.
- Follow all company safety policies and report any unsafe conditions to Manufacturing Manager, EHS Manager, and/ or Director of Manufacturing
- Apply knowledge of specification criteria in performing crystal growing functions
- Operate crystal puller to required specifications
- Inspect each finished part for defects
- Enter quality data into ERP system
- Complete associated paperwork timely and accurately
- Ensure cleanliness and order of growing stations
- Perform cleaning tasks at required intervals
- Ensure equipment is in proper working order
- Perform minor maintenance and preventative maintenance on department equipment
- Process silicon for remelting
- Operate aerial/mobile lifts
- Operate overhead crane to move cast ingots and hotzone tools and parts
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S
- Perform tasks/duties related to special projects or assignments
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 1 year of prior manufacturing experience, preferably in crystal growing - Preferred
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to communicate effectively with contractors, vendors or employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be able to obtain sufficient task success to establish credibility with management, staff and employees
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Must be able to pay close attention to details
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum supervision
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and walk up and down stairs. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 12 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and hot heavy and large parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Job ID: 259063
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.