The Mechanical Assembler role is a hands-on position with the responsibility of assembly and wiring of custom automated, robotic and packaging equipment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembling frames, fixtures and stations and other high precision mechanical devices
- Drilling, tapping, cutting of parts that need modification
- Neatly routing wires and pneumatic hoses. Label these wires and hoses in a detailed fashion
- Setting up and preparing electrical sensors, controllers and gauges in preparation for debug
- Testing functionality of the stations before debug
- Landing wires into an electrical panel at the correct location. Labeling these wires.
- Some material handling such as putting parts on correct shelves, checking in parts, shipping out parts
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience with high speed machines or other automated equipment preferred (machine shop or other mechanical assembly experience)
- Minimum of an AS degree in technical field preferred
- Demonstrated experience in industrial electrical panel wiring and debug. Ability to wire a panel from prints and schematics
- Considerable experience with assembly of precision automated machinery including use of all major hand tools
- Must be comfortable with drilling, tapping, cutting and grinding. Experience with mill, lathe and welding equipment is a bonus
- Understanding of basic photo-electric and electro-magnetic sensors, AC and DC motors and drives, pneumatic and valves
- Knowledge of appropriate use of fasteners, washers, Loctitie etc.
- Must supply own common hand-tools such as Allen wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, cutting instruments, electrical meter etc. Specialty tools will be provided.
Minimum Education & Experience
- High School diploma is required. AS or vo-tech degree is preferred.
Job ID: 202444
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.