Looking for a Network Engineer who can:
- Be responsible for operations of a company’s internal data communication systems, including LANs and/or WANs.
- Plans, designs, and implements networked systems, including configurations.
- Supports/remedies network problems. Plans and negotiates with vendors for installation of such items as routers, bridges, concentrators, and switches.
- Supports/responsible for project implementation.
- Provides training and assists with proposal writing.
- Responsible for project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons. May research and evaluate emerging network and communication technology. Defines network and/or product security (e.g., firewalls, VPNs, load balances) and may define overall and general security.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Field or equivalent experience
Minimum Work Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in the operations of a company’s internal data communications systems, including LANs
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the planning, design, and troubleshooting of networked systems
- Working understanding of routing and switching technology
- Working understanding of TCP/IP
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline
- Is developing higher level knowledge and skills
- Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers
- Solves a range of problems
- Analyzes possible solutions using discretion, skills and knowledge of procedures
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Demonstrates technical expertise
- Physical Networking Troubleshooting Skills
- Follow process from A-Z when problem solving (with examples)
- Experience with wireless networks i.e. Printers, mobile carts in Hospital setting or equivalent
- CISCO background
- Network oriented
Position can be 50 % remote, 50% on site.
Job ID: 239927
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.