Under limited supervision, processes incoming telephone calls, public address announcements,
process all emergency codes according to established procedures for the Metro Hospitals
(MSVMC, MSCH, MSAH, and Mercy). Provide patient information when the Information
department is closed.
- Must be able to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have clear and professional speaking voice.
- Work requires High School education.
- Must have the necessary interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of staff,
patients and wide variety of outside callers. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Position requires one to three months on-the-job training to acquire necessary familiarity with
Hospitals policies and procedures, and working knowledge of processing of calls, emergency
- Must be able to handle stressful situation and large volume of calls for processing quickly and accurately. Must be able to retain critical information for immediate response to critical situations.
- Must be able to work within a team environment, communicating information to co-worker
for processing of calls and information.
- Must have the ability to function within Outlook, maneuver within the MercyNet Portal, and
create and edit call schedules.
- Previous keyboarding experience required.
Job ID: 236346
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.