This position is responsible for the set up and operation of CNC Press Brake operations and other manufacturing machines.
Bend, form, stretch, notch, punch and/or straighten metal to meet job requirements and quality on part
- Sets stops on machine bed, change dies, and adjust components as needed
- Operate press machines according to specifications
- Plan sequence of operations to achieve desired result
- Inspect workpiece for defects
- Measure workpiece
- Communicating with the Production team on job progress / questions / concerns
- Remains alert and attentive at work
- Maintains regular attendance
QUALIFICATIONS And EXPERIENCE
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education – HS diploma / GED preferred
- Job specific attributes/skills
- Ability to read and interpret router, blueprints, drawings, and machine sketches a plus
- Knowledge of the Industry specification and equipment
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and jib cranes
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and job routers
- Must be able to read gauges, micrometers and apply principals for geometric tolerances
- Able to program brake press, restore saved programs, set up and operate brake press
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, lift, stoop, bend. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. . The employee must regularly lift 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job ID: 252359
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.