Summary/Purpose • Support the launch of multiple overlapping projects of new bearing assemblies with senior level quality engineering support
Plans and support activities concerned with the launch of new products using QG-20 and APQP methods. Works with Principal Quality Engineers on the maintenance of quality standards for production processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties. Candidate must have Automotive industry ISO/TS 16949 experience/background.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
• Use MPACT update PFMEA/control Plan, Process flow charts as required
• Review drawing and help determine types of gaging needed for off-line checking
• Work with Senior or Principal Engineers to create, revise or improve TPD/GPD as needed
• Works with senior level Quality Engineers to do the following to ensure high quality product launch:
• Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
• Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production test equipment.
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material.
• Engage in measuring and testing product, tabulating data concerning process quality for scrap or rework.
• Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
• Prepares design concepts, drawings and cost estimates for gauging. Ensures timely and accurate calibration of gauges and maintenance of test equipment.
Job ID: 257983
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.