OPPORTUNITY: We are a folding carton manufacturing operation seeking a candidate to join our Printing Department as a 1st Press Operator..
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for safely and efficiently preparing and operating printing press equipment, and producing a quality product.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following
- Understand and comply with plant and printing department rules, regulations, and procedures
- Identify and operate the inking system, color and ink adjustments, plates, and control panel
- Prepare make ready and cleanup of equipment and surrounding area
- Ability to see Color Hue and recognize tone
- Identify and resolve quality defects and causes including hickies, scumming, color variance, coating pattern, scratches, offset, and registration issues
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks, read printing schedule, read status of current jobs
- Accurately complete all paperwork, including quality checks and production reports
- Must be able to work overtime
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic computer skills, data entry preferred
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, understand technical written (and verbal) instructions, set- up the Printing Press and carry out instructions.
- Skills – Mechanical, technical, communication
- Operated Manroland or Mitsubishi machines previously
- High school Diploma or GED
- 3 or more years operating printing press and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Able to work either 8 or 12 hour days.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 45 lbs.
Job ID: 237052
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.