Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Test, evaluate, analyze, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Lead automation projects in conjunction with outside vendors.
- Develop best practices and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality, reducing scrap and other costs.
- Review results to ensure the effectiveness of action plans.
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions to the manufacturing team. Including setting and improving cycle times and labor standards.
- Coordinate and optimize the product industrialization processes in the manufacturing plant, including new tires from inception and prototyping to start up and certification as well as improvements to existing products.
- Train and develop R&D Process Technicians and hourly employees within the manufacturing plant.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide input for continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives within the plant and organization.
- Participate in or lead 5S, Kaizen events, and quality workshops to continuously improve work methods and processes within areas of responsibility.
- In conjunction with the quality function, conduct audits and reviews for non-conformances; initiate corrective and preventative action plans and validate their effectiveness.
- Provide support to both Spartanburg, SC plant and Charles City, IA plant – some travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience and HS diploma or GED.
- Three or more years of experience in process engineering in manufacturing setting. Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes along with process related standards and technical skills. Tire or rubber manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to clearly present information through the spoken and written work, influence or persuade others in a desired direction to achieve objectives.
- Results oriented, self-directed, attention to detail, meets agreed deadlines.
- Ability to establish good working relationships and develop strong teamwork.
- Change management skills to lead improvement initiatives and projects.
- Analytical and decision making skills. Able to collect and analyze data effectively.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products and CAD software. Experience with ERP system highly desired.
Job ID: 237689
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.