Performs Quality Control Inspections and Testing of in-house fabricated Instruments and Control Panels, under UL 508A & 698A standards. Assigns test equipment for employee use and documents calibration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understanding of electrical wiring, fabrication, and testing of control panels under a UL 508A & 698A panel environment.
- Understanding of instrument and control systems including transmitters, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and instrument loops (4-20mA). Knowledge of flow meters, pressure probes, temperature probes, and level probes.
- Understanding of PLC logic and software platforms for I/O testing such as Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and Motorola.
- Understanding and disciplined to writing, submitting clear corrective work orders for approval and follow up upon request.
- Properly uses electrical test equipment and similar tools.
- Understanding of electrical wiring and testing of both DC and AC up to 480 volts.
- Understanding of circuits and relays.
- Visually verifies the Bill of Materials for the panel being tested in house.
- Visually verifies tests electronically, and traces all wire origins and designations for accuracy and correct wire tags.
- Ability to power up and test 120 VAC, 24VDC, and 480V voltage electrical systems (consistent with OSHA and NEC electrical safety practices).
- Works overtime or weekends, when necessary, according to the production and shipping schedule.
- Maintains cleanliness in all areas of the panel shop.
- Ability and dexterity to work with duct covers and cabinets to manipulate wires.
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
- Understanding of basic email and MS Office products and various other applications.
- Strictly adheres to all safety and environmental rules and regulations to protect employees and public safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 197968
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.