This position is part of Quality External Operations Group. Under the supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quality Inspector ensures compliance with cGMP and company policies, procedures and specifications. This position is responsible for performing inspection and batch record review of Shiseido cosmetic and OTC products produced at contract manufacturers, and quality system functions in accordance with cGMP and any related company SOP’s and FDA regulations. The Quality Inspector position responsible for the inspection and documentation of all finished and semi-finished parts that are made at contract manufacturers and other business partners as assigned.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support department and organizational goals and objectives.
- Perform required inspections and releases through contract manufacturer visits, pre-delivery samples (PDS), or receipt of incoming shipments.
- Use statistical sampling tools such as ISO 2859, ANSI/ASQ Z1.4, or per company's SOP.
- Perform QC/QA inspections in a timely manner.
- Help in the inspection workload and cover during vacation needs of other Quality Inspectors
- Conduct training to others (both internal and external) to ensure test procedures and work instructions are understood and followed correctly.
- Wear proper PPE.
- Work in a safe manner and look out for your co-workers.
- Attend all monthly and quarterly performance meetings.
- Overtime and/or weekend work assigned as necessary.
- Some travel required: Local: 0-10%
- All other duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 2+ years’ experience in Quality control environment preferably in cosmetics or FMCG with exposure to cGMP regulations.
- Completed two-year Associates degree in science or technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge in math and statistics.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and CAD drawings.
- Hands-on experience with basic measuring equipment.
- Basic knowledge of MS-Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Able to lift, stand or walk constantly all shift as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle large volumes of work and change priorities as needed.
- Works independently, requiring minimum supervisory direction.
- Takes initiative and self-motivated.
- SAP knowledge is desired.
Job ID: 261546
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.