Performs analysis on in-process and finished products to ensure specifications are met. Makes accept/reject decision on incoming raw materials and pre-shipment samples based on pre-established criteria. Places defective product on hold in accordance with procedures. Resolves and reports defect issues. Interacts with other departments to communicate testing results.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis and testing on in-process and finished products to ensure all quality and food safety Critical Control Points are met as defined by the applicable PJJ/Salsa and Traditional HACCP/Food Safety plans.
- Performs and documents processing line audits and product evaluations for PPJ, Salsa and Traditional products that include, but are not limited to: pH, water activity, viscosity, brix, salsa drain weights, product salt percentage, product sensory evaluation, packaging evaluation and CCP monitoring activity verifications.
- Performs and document verification activities of product foreign material detection devices to ensure equipment functionality.
- Performs and document verification activities of pasteurizer water chemical concentrations in the PJJ/Salsa processing areas.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of quality and food safety related non-conformances, including hold and release program activities.
- Performs and documents housekeeping and sanitary conditions of processing environment.
- Ensure employees are following all quality, food safety, GMP programs and procedures.
- Review all production documents and investigate or correct for any missing or erroneous information.
- Assist internal and external personnel on documentation requests, audits and inspections.
- Assist in the collection and management of retain samples.
- Performs sampling of environmental swabs, water and air testing.
- Perform sanitation effectiveness verification activities that may include pre-operational inspections, environmental monitoring sampling and hygienic restoration activities.
- Assist in the investigation of consumer complaints.
- Work closely with operations, warehouse, sanitation, maintenance departments for all quality needs.
- Performs lab and workstation housekeeping tasks.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- All other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 236308
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.