Responsible for all aspects of quality control including special requirements from clients’ specification, reviewing and approving of subcontractors’ quality plans, welding procedures and other manufacturing procedures, develop and monitor ITP’s and assimilate quality control documentation to conform with company and customer requirements.
- During project proposal process, review customer specifications and identify any exceptions or clarifications that should be resolved with the customer.
- Review project specific customer specification and identify special manufacturing or quality control requirements for inclusion in project quality planning documentation.
- Identify standard company quality requirements for inclusion in Vendor requirements.
- Identify subcontracting and manufacturing required customer submittals.
- Identify subcontracting and manufacturing required documentation required for final document submittal to customer.
- Review company equipment purchasing packages for subcontracted equipment to assure inclusion of all relevant manufacturing and quality control requirements.
- Review and approve required subcontractor submitted quality documentation.
- Review weekly inspection reports from third party inspectors to insure compliance with requirements.
- Develop ASME Code Data Packages
- Assist Subcontract Managers in resolution of subcontractor manufacturing or quality control issues.
- Coordinate development and compilation of subcontracting and manufacturing customer required data packages for submittal to clients.
- Assist in audits and surveillance inspections at subcontractors as requested.
- Assists in planning inspections.
- Travel may be required, including international assignments.
- A Bachelor’s degree of Engineering or Science study at an accredited University. Welding or Metallurgy degree is preferred.
- A knowledge of general steel fabrication practices, particularly welding and heat treatment, at a level typically possessed by an individual with 5 years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant manufacturing codes including the ASME Section I, VIII, B31.1, AISC codes and AWS D1.1.
- Experience in quality control related activities and have the ability to obtain lead auditor certification.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to clearly communicate project quality requirements and findings to customers, suppliers and within the company.
- Computer experience with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio or equivalent process flow software.
- Thorough knowledge of materials (heat treatment, testing, service applications) applicable to product that includes carbon steels, low alloy steels, 9Cr steels and duplex stainless steels.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and respond quickly to deadlines and problems requiring immediate action.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) credentials or demonstrated ability to achieve the certification.
Job ID: 197236
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.