As a Research and Development Engineer, you will lead in design, development, and commercialization of machine and process changes. You will also be responsible for finding and resolving issues as well as supervising engineering technicians. You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead Product Development – manage multiple projects under the direction of engineering manager.
- Facilitate Decision Making – lead meetings on key product requirements: product selection, design features, best location for product production and best equipment on which to produce product.
- Drive Cross-Functional Team Activities – from brainstorming new ideas/concepts to problem solving issues/roadblocks to development trials to producing/launching a new product.
- Managing Multiple Projects – work through resource availability, external constraints, and shared functional or operational resources to insure projects remain on track and within budget.
- Travel to other sites or vendor locations in performance of duties. Travel is project dependent and ranges from 0% to 20%.
- Have the desire to learn and improve through training both inside and outside the company as part of your personal development plan.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Engineering, (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical preferred)
- Understanding of 3D drawing software, solid modeling, or heat transfer modeling
- Knowledge of statistical techniques such as DOE, SPC, etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Polymer blown film extrusion experience
- Experience with physical and analytical test methods for polymer films and resin
Job ID: 198849
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.