Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Night Shift Supervisor will provide direction to the shop floor personnel, monitor the quality of work, ensure employees receive proper training, enforce company policy, and coordinate with the Maintenance department concerning maintenance matters.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Core Competencies
• Possess a “can do” and “will jump in and help” attitude as this is a working Supervisor position.
• Execute shop schedules as defined by the Scheduler.
• Communicate the scheduled working hours to the team.
• Lead the shop personnel and maintain a positive work atmosphere.
• Provide guidance and direction to the floor personnel.
• Ensure positive production outcomes by communicating job expectations, planning, appraising job results, coaching shop personnel, disciplining employees, and working with the Production Manager to initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures.
• Develop and maintain training programs in conjunction with the Production Manager to ensure that all personnel have the necessary skills to perform their duties safely and productively.
• Communicate clear expectations to shop personnel and develop resolutions when expectations are not being met.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel.
• Monitor and enforce work start, break, and stop times of the shop personnel.
• Monitor and enforce cell phone prohibition of the shop personnel.
• Fill out maintenance and purchase requests, as necessary.
• Address conflicts of interest and facilitate resolutions.
• Issue Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and tools, as necessary.
• Monitor and enforce safety policies in conjunction with the Safety Manager.
• Ability to remain alert and attentive during work-shift.
• Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
• Other job duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
Required Education and Experience
• Two (2) years of experience in a metal fabrication environment is required.
• Strong supervisory and management skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of fabrication and welding operations required. Experience with manual machining equipment, CNC laser cutting systems, welding, punching, and press brakes is preferred.
• Exceptional organizational, documentation, and time management skills.
• Good training and teaching skills.
• Basic Microsoft Office and computing skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to maintain a positive and professional work attitude, always.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
The Second Shift Shop Supervisor supervises all second shift employees.
Regularly works in a manufacturing shop environment with conditions that include inclement weather, heat, and humidity.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee must be able to move objects using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant movement and use of limbs is required as are good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and generally works an 8-hour shift following a Monday – Friday schedule. Additional hours may be required.
Occasional travel may be required.
Job ID: 240194
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.