The Toolmaker will review drawings for best manufacturing practices and add needed manufacturing notes for manufacturing clarification. They will machine parts, build, and guide assemblers in the assembly process of making primarily the mechanical portion of jigs, dies, fixtures, special machines or subassemblies. They may also assemble electrical items under the direction of the Controls Lead Technician. This position also requires that the Toolmaker debug and troubleshoot problems that arise during the build and run-off of equipment. They is also responsible for the control of all purchased, manufactured, and customer supplied components after receiving the items.
- Pass any necessary training requirements to perform job duties such as: Forklift Training; ESD Training; GPS Cleanroom Work Instruction; GPS FOD Prevention; NC Module: etc.
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints and have an understanding of GD&T.
- Should be able to operate basic tool room equipment such as: Prototrack mill, surface grinder, band saw, drill press and lathe. Also must have the ability to use measuring tools such as: micrometers, dial calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Ability to inspect own workmanship prior to submitting to Quality Inspection.
- Able to work from both written and verbal directions and build components from sketches as well as drawings.
- Direct the build team; assign daily tasks and utilize each team member’s strength to build the equipment as efficiently as possible and maintain the delivery schedule.
- Willing to work with a Manufacturing Engineer to assist in developing written work instructions to document the Assembly, Test, Packaging and other related processes.
- Willing to work with and assist Libra Program Managers to meet customer requirements.
- Assist Machinists, Inspectors, Purchasing Agents, Receiving personnel and other associates in a respectful manner to resolve issues related to your jobs.
- Evaluate and communicate any foreseen issues in the assembly process and assist in determining any possible solutions.
- Review interference or fit conditions which are critical to quality and take appropriate action to improve parts, processes and assemblies.
- Responsible to red-line prints for any changes which alter the manufacturing process of any part or assembly. All changes must be submitted to the Program Manager for customer approval and submittal to Document Control.
- May need to have direct contact with customers to review and resolve issues.
- May be required to resolve design issues with customer Engineers and will be required to draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of equipment.
- May recommend changes in design or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Set up test equipment or devices to conduct functional, operational and durability testing to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production equipment.
- Install and/or make repairs to equipment at the customer’s site when required.
- Must adhere to all relevant ISO / AS guidelines and procedures, quality and workmanship standards, and all safety guidelines and regulations.
- Should have their own basic Toolmaker tools to work efficiently and effectively.
- May be required to wear clean room garments and follow all regulations whenever working in the clean room restricted areas.
SKILLS /EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Lean Oriented
- Teamwork Oriented
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have a High School Degree or GED.
- Trade-related college courses or Certificates of Completion are desirable.
- Four to six years of related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge about metric conversion.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling or sitting. The employee must be able to move over 50 pounds when needed.
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job, which include; near sight, far sight, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job ID: 206843
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.