- Perform scheduled and unscheduled tooling changes on both trim press, thermoformer and lip roller as well as tracking and up-keep of all tooling.
- Clean entire tooling assemble and components.
- Perform minor repairs of molds and trim press tooling, and other light industrial maintenance and preventive maintenance tasks as required.
- Assist maintenance and production personnel when required, regarding tooling issues.
- Removal and installation of thermoforming molds and trim press tooling.
- Set-up thermoformer, trim press, tooling and conveyance.
- Maintenance and repair of water, air and pneumatics systems.
- Maintenance and minor repairs of thermoforming tooling.
- Ability to read blueprints and technical diagrams.
- Assist in the thermoforming department as needed with regard to tooling issues.
- Must follow precise instructions and directions.
- Knowledge of the safe use and care of tools.
- Knowledge and use of lockout / tagout procedures.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Obey all safety rules, regulations, and policies.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- High school diploma or General Education degree (GED); vocational school; demonstrated mechanical ability; six months or more maintenance experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be experienced in operating a lift truck and be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Regularly required to stand for long periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Good hand – eye coordination is essential.
- Occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and infrequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Works near moving mechanical parts and occasionally in outside weather conditions.
- Exposure to extreme heat and humidity.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Write simple correspondence and track inventory.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Read a ruler, dials, and various other pieces of measuring equipment including micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers.
Job ID: 267918
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.