PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Performs a variety of shipping tasks. Prepares items for shipment, ensuring cost-effective courier services. Leads the work of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
SKILLS /EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines the most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain those quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and logs inventory, which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and purchasing personnel.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Traces lost shipments and customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, perform system transactions, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, or infection control standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees are performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by manager.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Learning orientation
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Teamwork orientation
- Experience using ERP systems
. EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma/GED
- Six months of related experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must be able to move over 50 pounds when needed.
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job, which include; near sight, far sight, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job ID: 238890
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.