Perform manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance, and operations of a flexographic Web Press.
- Make-ready, adjust and run job as efficiently as possible to meet safety and productivity standards.
- Examine job order to determine quantity to be cut, stock specifications and special die cutting instructions
- Examine cutting dies for visual defects and apply correcting solution to repair minor defects
- Make necessary adjustments to ensure quality
- Ensure information is communicated between shifts
- Ensure Company Safety, Quality and Production standards are met
- Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of Die Cutter
- Maintenance duties include stooping under machinery, entering confined spaces and climbing ladders.
- Must input information into computer for proper tracking of inventory and waste.
- Occasional squatting and kneeling for cleaning and clearing jams
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 3-5 years of web printing experience preferred
- Basic computer skills, data entry preferred
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, understand technical written (and verbal) instructions, set- up the die cutter, and carry out instructions.
- Skills – Mechanical, technical, communication
- Abilities – good attendance, able to motivate other team members and participate in teams and processes
- Must be able to lift and pull up to 35 lbs.
- Previously worked with Champlain machines
Job ID: 237049
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.