- Designs, fabricates, joins, and or repairs equipment, fixtures and various types of metal objects and structures using oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, MIG welding techniques.
- Operates grinders, cutting torch, plasma cutter and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools.
- Analyzes plans, drawings, work samples, specifications and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of welding assignments.
- The ability to interface with other departments to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- The ability to operate a forklift and crane.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of one-year experience operating a forklift.
- Basic blueprint reading skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and use a tape measure.
- Knowledge of welding technique skills, oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, and TIG, tools and equipment.
- Ability to use overhead or jib crane.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- One to four years of experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug screen
Job ID: 255695
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.