The Software Engineer will work with a team of engineers to deliver innovation for the pharmacies of health systems throughout the world.
The Software Engineer will contribute to the design and development of distributed control software within a robotic compounding device. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the design and implementation are robust, maintainable, and meet requirements. The software architecture is component-based, using modern C++ features. This role works directly with other engineering disciplines to design, implement, and verify subsystems for a medical device in a highly collaborative environment, following and contributing to best practices in engineering.
- Works within the team to build product deliverables based on overall architecture direction
- Working closely with business stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Works in an agile environment implementing software for specific requirements or applications within a medical device environment, following validated development processes.
- Develops clear and readable code
- Creates unit, functional, and integration testing environments or components and root cause analyses (replicate, debug) for simple to moderately complex features.
- Meets the ‘Definition of Done’ and promotes coding standards
- Participates in team retrospectives to improve the software development process
- Works on business-critical products that operate with high reliability and are distributed nationwide to many clients
- Troubleshoots problems with existing or newly-developed software
- Mentors junior engineers to help with their careers and skill
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Medical Device software development processes and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or other engineering field of study with programming course work
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software engineering using one of more of the following: Java, C, C++ or C#
- Experience with machine automation
- Experience developing medical device software
- Experience with the FDA 510K process
- Experience with low-level embedded systems and “bare metal” coding
- Experience with cross-functional engineering teams
- Familiar with Agile practices
Job ID: 160221
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.