The L2 Engineer is responsible for providing professional systems engineering service and technical support to Maintenance and Operation departments for the re-design, modification, re-engineering and retro-fitting of level 2 equipment and systems to improve quality and productivity under the direction of the L2 Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes and defines level 2 equipment problems to improve quality and productivity, repair damaged equipment, improve systems performance, and improve production line up-time under the direction of the Level 2 Supervisor.
- Re-designs and re-engineers Level 2 systems that need upgrading, poorly designed or is incorrectly used in order to improve quality and productivity following the instructions of the Level 2 Supervisor.
- Investigates and analyzes Level 2 systems problems, defines and scopes projects, writes engineering reports, makes cost estimates, obtains bids, obtains approval to purchase necessary equipment materials, and works with Maintenance, Operations and plant personnel to retro-fit and install under the direction of the Level 2 Supervisor.
- Regularly monitors process systems data collection and archiving to ensure data integrity.
- Remains abreast of the latest process systems technologies, including: hardware, software, analysis, and design.
- Helps maintain adequate spare parts for critical process systems hardware and peripherals.
- Writes, modifies, tests and documents application programs to meet programming specifications following Level 2 Supervisor instructions.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participation in continuous improvement programs.
- On call for Manufacturing Systems support.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Technical Degree from approved University/College
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Programming Languages:
- C, C++, .NET
- HTML, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET
- Familiar with COM and .NET Framework
- Strong Object Oriented Programming background
- Familiar with Client/Server application development
- Database Platforms:
Job ID: 153566
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.