The L2 Programmer is responsible for assisting the Level 2 Engineers and Leaders in the duties of application development and maintenance of the Level 2 Resources in the plant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Writes and maintains technical specifications.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Installs and tests programs at client site.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participation in continuous improvement programs.
- Working hours are normally 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, unless after hour support is required. A NAS phone may be issued for support after hours.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Technical Degree from approved University/College
- Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- C, C++, C#, VB.NET
- Familiar with COM and .NET Framework
- HTML5 and CSS3 experience a plus
- Strong Object Oriented Programming background
- Familiar with Client/Server application development
- Familiar with SQL Server and Oracle Databases
Job ID: 153551
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.