The Infection Control Surveyor will report to the Infection Control Survey Logistics Coordinators and respective Regional Office Program Director and complete assigned surveys or investigations at nursing home facilities.
The Infection Control Surveyor will be responsible for the onsite investigation of a case as recorded in Aspen Complaint Tracking System (ACTS). A case may be reported either as a third party reported complaint or a facility reported incident. Cases are reviewed onsite. Multiple cases for a given nursing home can be bundled on an abbreviated complaint survey. An individual case as recorded in ACTS, must be include an investigation summary, details of whether the allegations were substantiated or unsubstantiated, and written notification must be provided to the complainant and/or nursing home.
Job responsibilities of the Infection Control Surveyor include:
- Will participate in the scheduling of infection control surveys.
- Will perform pre-survey (offsite) preparation including review of HERDS facility survey, verifying adequate PPE is available for surveyors assigned, and communication with other team members regarding survey details for specific facility.
- Upon entrance to the facility, will interview Administrator/designee based on COVID-19 Infection Control Survey Protocol form.
- Review facility documentation provided. Copies of the facility’s resident and employee roster should be obtained as well as lists of residents/employees that that have tested COVID-19+ or have a pending test. Note reasons that any residents are in the hospital or rehab, specifically if any tested COVID-19 + (and including their room number at the facility).
- Tour facility units, observations and interviews should be based on the Infection Control Survey Protocol form and COVID-19 guidance.
- Documentation of Administrator interview, observations made on each facility floor/unit, and interviews with staff and residents will be noted on the Infection Control Survey Protocol form. Specific non-compliance should be detailed on the form.
- Summarize findings, specifically non-compliance and areas of concern, on the Infection Control Survey Protocol form, and forward to Infection Control Survey Logistics Coordinators for their review. (Note: Infection Control Survey Logistics Coordinators will be available by phone as a resource during the survey.)
- Licensed clinician with experience conducting surveys since 2017
- SMQT Certification
- Experience working in a long-term care setting
- Strong clinical skills
- Able to function independently
- Knowledge of infection control principles and deal with multiple tasks
Job ID: 214798
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.